PE and sport premium
Please read the information below which gives details of our PE and Sport Premium Grant and how we allocate the funding.
The Sports Premium is a government grant which is awarded to Primary Schools. It must be spent on making additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of all pupils to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles. Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer. Examples of how this funding may be used include:
- providing existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introducing new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- supporting and involving the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs.
- Improving pupils’ lifestyles and physical wellbeing.
- running sports activities with other schools
It is our aim for all pupils to leave Rowner Infant School with an understanding of how physical activity not only improves health, reduces stress and improves concentration, but also promotes correct physical growth and development.
We understand the importance of all pupils partaking in high quality PE lessons and extra-curricular sports. Our allocated sports premium money helps us to do this.
For a full breakdown of how we allocate the funding, please see attached report for 2022 – 2023.